To ensure that all patrons enjoy their experience at the Basin Reserve, entry to the ground is subject to the following conditions:
Patron and bag searches
- All patrons and their possessions may be subject to searches before entering the ground.
- Searches may also be carried out during an event and when leaving the ground.
- Patrons who refuse to participate in searches may be denied entry to the ground or asked to leave the venue.
- All vehicles entering and leaving the ground may be searched.
- Prohibited items will be confiscated.
- Patrons are not allowed inside the playing boundary fence, before, during or after an event.
- For some events, access to the playing field may be permitted to patrons. Patrons must follow the directions of Basin Reserve staff.
Patrons may be refused entry to the Basin Reserve if they
- Have no valid entry ticket or accreditation pass.
- Appear intoxicated/under the influence of drugs or exhibit disorderly behaviour.
- Failure to comply with gate staff or security requests.
- Are in possession of prohibited items.
- Have been previously served with a trespass notice that still applies.
Patrons will be asked if leave the Basin Reserve if they
- Use obscene language.
- Are verbally or physically abusive or behave in an offensive manner.
- Are intoxicated.
- Are carrying out unauthorised activities within the Basin Reserve.
- Throw items into the air or onto the pitch (including during Mexican waves).
- Failure to comply with these policies.
Patrons may not bring into the Basin Reserve
- Illicit drugs.
- Glass bottles or cans.
- Commercially produced takeaway food such as McDonalds, KFC, Subway, pizza etc.
- Sound amplifiers including loudhailers, vuvuzelas, and air horns.
- Recording devices for commercial purposes.
- Dogs or other pets (guide dogs are permitted).
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers.
- Knives or other dangerous weapons.
- Skateboards, roller blades, scooters or bicycles.
- Flag poles of more than one metre in length.
- Signs or banners that are obscene, offensive or abusive.
- Any other item that Basin Reserve management determine may cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to any other person.
- Sofas or standard deck chair.
Items that are allowed
- Thermos flasks.
- Plastic bottles.
- Soft-sided chilly bags, picnic baskets.
- Prams, strollers, pushchairs.
- Collapsible short legged deckchairs.
- Patrons must not sit or stand in aisles, or block emergency doors or emergency exits.
- Some sporting and other activities are dangerous. Patrons viewing such activities do so at their own risk.
- Clothing must conform to reasonable standards of decency.
- Radios, CD’s etc may be used only with earphones.
- Cameras, videos, tape recorders and other recording devices may be prohibited for certain events.
- Advertising promotions and product giveaways, etc, are not permitted in the Basin Reserve (this includes the entry points to the Gatehouses), unless expressly authorised by the Basin Reserve Trust. Any unauthorised product giveaways will be confiscated.
- Patrons bring personal items into the Basin Reserve at their own risk. The venue will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a person’s personal property.