The winter months allow an opportunity to assess and reflect on a season gone by. As coaches, just like players, many coaches begin to look to next season where the majority will advance through the age groups and skill levels. This journey can bring new challenges to a coach with increased demands for knowledge from our continuously aspiring players.
For coaches that might desire/are involved with young representative teams or college-aged squads, the NZC Level II coaching course comprises of eight sessions that will up-skill and advance aspiring coaches. This is achieved through enhancing coaches knowledge of the game and confidence in both planning and delivery across a number of modes.
The dates and programme for the Wellington course are laid out below for coaches wishing to take part in this course. The first day of the course will be on Sunday 18th June and nominations for the course will close following the Queen’s Birthday weekend holiday Monday 5th June.
The venue for the course will be the Westpac Stadium unless otherwise indicated
The programme for the course is as follows
- Sun 18th June – Philosophy and planning – 10.00am – 1.00pm Lunch 2.00pm – 5.00pm
- Sun 25th June – Pace bowling – 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Sun 2rd July – Mental skills –10.00am – 12.00pm.
- Sun 9th July – Batting – 10.00am – 1.00pm Lunch 2.00pm – 5.00pm
- Sun 23th July – Spin Bowling – 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Sun 6th August – Coaching Process – 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Sun 13th August – Fielding – 10.00 am – 1.00pm – Hutt Rec Green room
- Sun 20th August – Keeping – 10.00am – 1.00pm
The cost for the course is $280.00 and it is expected that this amount is paid before the attendee joins the first session of the course. A resource pack will be distributed on the first day of the course to all candidates.
Coaches interested in joining the course can purchase online via the link below or else contact Mark Borthwick – Cricket Wellington Coach Development Officer at email@example.com or 021 409 866.