Give coaching a go
Have you ever thought about coaching cricket?
It's really not as scary as you may think. New Zealand Cricket have developed a Coach Development Pathway which aligns with the Player Development Pathway to encourage parents and teachers to get involved at the level of their children.
The New Zealand Cricket Coach Development Pathway identifies six clear steps for coaches from introductory MILO Have-A-Go cricket to the expert Level III course (see diagram below). At each step you'll receive all the relevant knowledge, understanding and resources to do a great job. Except for Level III all courses are conducted by CoachForce personnel from Cricket Wellington.
View a full matrix of Coach Education Courses.
As a coach you can join the New Zealand Cricket Coaches' Association. There are a number of great benefits and the communication and resources offered by New Zealand Cricket are bound to help you in your development. So keep up-to-date with the New Zealand Cricket Coaches' Association.
NEW ZEALAND CRICKET COACHES’ ASSOCIATION
JOIN THE NZCCA and RECEIVE
· The regular NZCCA newsletter ‘CoachED’ which includes information on coaching, coaches and cricket events
· The regular NZC development newsletter ‘From the Boundary’ detailing development activities
· The chance to attend regional workshops/conferences run by major cricket associations
· An individual coaches’ membership card which incorporates a season pass to all first class cricket
· A ticket to an international match either in ODI or a select day of a test
To join the NZCCA go to the New Zealand Cricket website
for a membership form
Contact Cricket Wellington for more information
- Ivan Tissera 021 894 338
- Mark Borthwick 021 409 866