We are looking for expressions of interest for the role of Team Physiotherapist with the Wellington Cricket Association’s men’s team (Wellington Firebirds).
This is a full-time, fixed term contract which will commence from 1stSeptember 2018 through to 14th April 2019 and is based in Wellington, although you will be required to travel with the team for all matches and attend all trainings (home and away).
The Physiotherapist will be expected to:
- Be available for team training, camps and internal touring schedule.
- Co-ordinate and manage all player treatment and monitoring, in conjunction with the Wellington strength and conditioning coach
- Liaise with the Wellington Coaches, Injury Manager and Sports Science team over medical and injury issues
- Liaise with NZC medical staff and collect data as required for their injury surveillance requirements
- Input data into the NZC Athlete Management System database
The ideal applicant will:
- Be a NZ-registered physiotherapist , preferably with a post-graduate physiotherapy qualification
- Be able to communicate effectively with elite athletes of all ages
- Have a good knowledge of Strength and Conditioning programmes, preferably with experience and/or qualifications in this field.
- Have previous experience working with sporting organisations or teams (preferably cricket)
- Have strong administrative and organisational skills
- Have the ability to assume some Management responsibilities when travelling with the team.
If you have an interest in cricket, are a good team player and are ambitious to work in a vibrant new management team with some of NZ’s leading International Players, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications close on Friday 4th May 2018. Please note all applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
No current vacancies
There are always opportunities going on in the world of cricket and we’ll post as many of them as possible here. Please contact the listers directly for more details on any of the jobs you see here.